At some point in the life of your vehicle, you're more than likely to encounter a punctured tyre.
At Fairway Tyre & Auto Services, our highly-trained technicians are here to help.
Bring your car into Fairway and we will:
• Check the tyre externally for the cause of the puncture
• Strip the tyre from the wheel to carry out a full internal tyre inspection, to be sure that there is no further puncture damage than was immediately identifiable.
• If there are no signs of any side wall damage or a stress fracture, we carry out a mushroom plug cold tyre repair. Similar to a very strong bicycle tyre repair kit, a mushroom-shaped plug coated in gum is pushed through the puncture, stem first, from the inside of the tyre. This seals the puncture completely, and a chemical reaction causes vulcanisation without the need for a heat curing system.
• Once the puncture is fully sealed, we refit the tyre, and carry out a wheel balance to ensure nothing became misaligned or damaged during the punturing event.
• If required refit to vehicle and torque wheel nuts.
To book a puncture repair, or for any other enquiries, see our contact page for your local Fairway Tyre & Auto Service centre, or click here to book online.View our full list of services